Educa Tip: End of Year Archiving
It's coming close to that time of the year again! We'd like to relieve some of your holiday stress and gift you a tip sheet to assist with the end of year transitions. I have outlined some steps below, which should simplify the changes you need to make on your Educa site.
Start by opening your Class Management page:
All steps covered in this article are done via the Class Management feature on the Children's page. Open the Class Management page to begin (it's important to note that this option is only available for Site Administrators).
To archive an entire class of children:
1. Using the list of classes on the left-hand side of the page, select the class that you would like to archive.
2. Once the class is selected, the 'Archive All' option will appear at the bottom of the page. Click this button to archive all of the children in this class at once.
To move an entire class of child profiles into a new class:
For example, if your "First Year" class is going to become the "Second Year" class. In this case you can simply rename the class, then assign the new teachers/educators.
1. Using the list of classes on the left-hand side of the page, select the class that you would like to rename.
2. In the 'Class Name' field, write a new name for the class.
3. To assign the new teachers/educators, update the list from the "Assign Teachers" dropdown menu.
4. Once you're done, click the 'Save' button.
To assign individual children to a different class:
You are able to remove a child from a class by selecting the class that they are in and then select the 'x' in the corner of their profile:
Or if you already know which class they are moving to, you can skip this step and add them straight to their new class. Here's how...
1. Using the list of classes on the left-hand side of the page, select the class that you would like to move the child to.
2. Click the '+ Select Children' button
This will open up a popup which allows you to select which child profiles you want to add to the class.
3. Use the 'Filter By' option to search for profiles with or without a class.
4. Click the profile photo of the child you want to add, so that a green checkmark appears. Then click "Assign" to add them to the class. This will close the popup so you can preview the changes.
5. Once you're done, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
If you find that you need to archive a group child profiles and they are in different classes, take a look at our great tip on archiving groups of profiles.
As always, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team.